Brand Pride. Strong Tribe!
Nothing beats the dedication of the brand “super fan.” They are loud (sometimes rowdy) and they are proud. The conversation between the consumer and the company (or brand) is expanding beyond sales. Similarly, the life cycle of the consumer is moving beyond the infamous funnel. In order to maintain sales, companies will have to change their strategies to meet the needs of the consumer and create a loyal fan base.
Kylie Jenner is a stellar example of a brand community built on strong, interpersonal and emotional bonds. These connections are the driving force behind her loyal fan base and skyrocketing sales. She is proof that the stronger the brand pride, the stronger the brand tribe, the stronger the brand sales.
Thanks to social media, Keeping Up with the Kardashians is not difficult. Each member of the family is adding their linchpin in the Kardashian-Jenner legacy. Kylie Jenner is no different. She is credited with a few brand success stories, but none compare to Kylie Cosmetics. Her huge fan base consists of almost 100 million followers.
So, how does a 21-year-old build a BILLION DOLLAR empire with three initial lipstick colors, no paid advertising, and in less than three years? I don’t think you heard me. NO PAID ADVERTISING.
How does she do it?
- Perfecting how to engage the consumer and convert them into loyal brand super fans.
- Taking full advantage of the world watching her grow up to increase her fan base organically.
- Playing a very personal role in developing and testing each product in her cosmetic line.
- Knowing the exact demographics of her reach and taking to social media to include them in the decision process.
Then, what does she do?
- Develops products to match fans needs and requests.
- Create video tutorials on YouTube to build product/brand excitement and strengthen bonds.
- Use Twitter, Instagram and SnapChat to advertise as well as announce the pop-up shop locations.
Believe it or not, these pop-up shops sell millions of dollars of her products out in minutes without a traditional brick and mortar location.
Overall, Kylie Jenner is fun, fosters an impeccable bond with her followers and personally protects the authenticity of her brand. She is seizing an opportunity in the beauty industry that transcends beyond the runway. Together this is the optimal formula for building strong brand pride and a strong tribe that will remain loyal to her brand and bank account.
CONGRATULATIONS Kylie on becoming the world’s youngest self-made BILLIONAIRE! Yep, that is Billions with a B!